Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Dance is an indescribable feeling. I guess it's a secret that only other people who share the same passion for something know that feeling. and even to each other, it's too hard to explain. When you know, you just know. I miss dancing. like really dancing. completely letting myself go and getting lost in the music and the floor. not letting the people on the sides watching intimidate me and just dancing because it's what I love to do. I haven't done that in a while. I think I think too much about how much I wish I would have started dancing earlier. It's something I regret, yes, but I still think about how lucky I am to have found my passion at such a young age. Twelve years old is pretty young to figure out what you're gonna love to do for the rest of your life. I guess I just get a little intimidated because I dance with girls who started dancing when they were three or four and that gets to me. Confidence. that was my answer to Amy's question when she asked the class what it was that was holding us back. It's more of a subconscious thing that i need to work on within myself. I kind of hold back sometimes when we do combos in class and I have no idea why so I just end up getting mad at myself because i know i could have done better. But onstage, it's a whole different story. I completely let go, give my all, and it feels so good. yeah but Heidi, you need to do that all the time, every single time you dance. yeah i know! i guess that's definitely something i'll be working on. I dont think I'll ever stop loving the way I feel after a really good dance class or combo. Or the way the music seems to make its way through my body in a way I can't explain. dancing with the lights dimmed. or finally hitting more pirouettes than usual. To know that I gave it my all is such a great feeling. Thank you God for giving me the opportunitiy to dance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
bahh love this.
i JUST started and i'm already soo in love with it that being late doesn't even matter much to me anymore. God is so good!
Post a Comment