Thursday, July 09, 2009


God has been teaching me a lot lately.
A lot. 
but PTL for that. 
I've been trying to change myself for the better,
I really need to work on my constant self-bashing. I really need to stop believing I will never be pretty enough, my face will never be clear enough, I'll always be too skinny, I'll never be funny enough, I'll never be nice enough etc. etc.etc.etc.
I'm finding that I constantly have to tell myself that the people who love me, love me for me, no matter how many pimples I have on my face that day or if my hair is out of place. 
I've also been getting to know the people in my life a whole lot better. 
I'm starting to shut my mouth, and instead,  just listen. 
finding out that asking people simple yet deep questions like "what's your ultimate goal in life?" or, "tell me your life story" really makes them open up. You can learn a lot about someone. I've used these questions on  a lot of my coworkers while we're closing the store, and I've learned so much about their lives. I can't even count how many deep talks I've been having with people lately.
I also really need to work on letting the people in my life know I love them. Life is so delicate and you never know when your day is coming. I especially need to work on this one in the family department. I always feel so bad staying out late, because my dad can't sleep well unless I'm home safe, and he has to get up at 4 in the morning for work. I also never thank my mom enough because now that she's home for the summer, she packs my lunch for school. This hasn't happened since the 5th grade! She also makes me drink A LOT of water, (because I went to the doctors recently and they told me I was dehydrated) eat ALL my vitamins, and she makes sure I eat breakfast everyday ('cause I would usually just skip it and go straight to school.) Although to me, it may seem like a but much, I know she does it because she loves me. And I don't thank her enough. 
I don't think I spend enough time with my brothers. I'm so busy with work and school that I don't see them or talk to them as much as I would like. 
but I've also gotten to know some amazing, amazing people recently. 
why our paths have collided, only God knows. 
but so far it's been awesome to get to know them. 

but over everything else, I really need to work on my relationship with God. Sometimes I put Him on the back burner for a while and then come back. A lot of us go to church, once maybe twice a week, and give our all to God for those 45 minutes. But a lot of times, after church is over we go back to our everyday lives and forget about Him. If that relationship was with a boyfriend or girlfriend, imagine only giving 45 minutes a week of your time to that boyfriend or girlfriend? It wouldn't work! and God is so much better than that. He knows your every thought, every dream, created the heavens, the stars, the ocean, just so we could experience even just a miniscule part of His beauty. and many of us only give Him 45 minutes a week of our time. because the rest of the time "we're too busy" or "have plenty of other things to do."

God forgive me, 
I want to get to know you more. and more. and never stop learning about Your amazing ways. 
You have already blessed me with far too many things that I don't even deserve, and those blessings continue to pour down over me even when through times where I forget to thank you for them. The people you have brought into my life, the chance to attend college, the house I live in, my job, the many material possessions I own, the chance to express myself through my passion of dance...and the list goes on. Teach me to keep my eyes focused on you and never look away. ever. 



No comments: