Thursday, May 28, 2009

dress rehearsal.

why am I so dang nervous?
geez louise, I've been doing this the past 6 years of my life, you think I'd be okay.
but I'm super anxious for the show this weekend. 
maybe because some of my friends and family who have never seen me dance are going to come watch the show. 
maybe because I'm dancing with totally completely different people (except for like 2) than the girls I was dancing with for the last 5 years. 
maybe because all of the dances I'm in are in the second act- after intermission- which gives my nerves time to build.
maybe because the 2 most tiring dances I'm in are BACK TO BACK. So I have to change quickly backstage and get back on which means NO TIME TO BREATHE. note to self: bring your inhaler heidi!
or maybe I'm just overreacting. 
yeah, that's probably it. 

because as soon as I step on that stage and the lights turn on, those nerves and the butterflies in my stomach fade away just in time for me to put my game face on.

2 comments:

hazelinafofeena said...

good luck girl!
break a leg? lol do you say that to dancers too? lol
anyways, you get the idea :)

richelle jean said...

aww yay !!!
i'm excited to see you tomorrow in action on the dance flo!